Sunday, July 22, 2007

Something stupid like I love you ..

'And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I love you '. Every time I listen to this song, it brings a smile to my lips. I am not very sure why...

Today it was playing on the radio while I was having a late Sunday breakfast and reading the newspaper. The original song was sung by Frank and Nancy Sinatra but the one I heard today was a newer version by Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman (yes, the one with a saucy video .. especially towards the end :) ) . And until I heard this song some time ago, I had no idea that Kidman sings too!

Coming back to the lyrics of the song - do we really spoil things that are otherwise going great by saying 'I love you' too soon? Do we scare the other person by saying these words when he or she has only been testing waters and not really sure where things are headed? Have these words lost their true meaning in today's busy and stressful lives? Are these words really need to be spoken between two people to show that they love each other? Don't these words add an extra baggage and complexity to a relationship?

I don't have answers to these questions right now, but my quest is still on..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this entry while googling around the song. what you are wondering for was the very exact thing i have been doing for a while? Is it that stupid to say it when you are not so sure what the other person feels? I don't know. But i am too a coward to try it. So, I believe I am not going to spoil it ... yet. :)

Vee said...

Actually, you can never tell which way things could go. The only way to find out it by saying it. And who knows, it might not turn out to be so stupid after all :)

Biju said...

If u love somebody u dont have to tell him/her, they will feel it... nd if they dont i dont think ur on the same plane with that person.. give it some time nd maybe that person will hear it... Ur love for somebody has to be felt by the other person nd not told to that person...