Saturday, July 21, 2007

Birthdays

It's strange how we consider ourselves all grown up and mature in our daily life and still we are just like kids when it comes to certain things. Well, there must be many things about which I am still quite childish. But one of the things I am quite sure of is my birthday. By this age I should have grown out of thinking that birthdays are special days and your near and dear ones have better and more important things to do in life than wishing you on your b'day and making big plans for it.

But somehow, I have not managed to let go of this feeling that my birthday is a very speacial day for me and all my friends/family members should wish me, make plans for a great birthday bash - with a cake/candles and the works, give me flowers and gifts and above all make me feel really special on that day! Sounds really funny .. coming out of a person like me - who is not all that young anymore and has a reputation of being wise and intelligent :). I think at this age I should be cringing at the thought of another birthday round the corner - but no, this does not seem to reduce the charms of a birthday party or gifts for me. I start reminding people who matter to me about wishing me a week in advance so that they don't forget and I don't have to be unnecessarily mean to them later for being forgetful :)

Now with less than a month to go for my next birthday, I have already started the countdown and have started refering to dates as ' 2 days after my birthday' and the likes. All I can say is I am totally incorrigible when it comes to birthdays ;)

No comments: