Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good times after bad?

After my last post and my opinion voiced (in not so subtle ways) to all my near and dear ones, suddenly I was being asked out by just about anyone and everyone. Good for me .. at least I won't have such outburst any time soon. I had a good time with my friend and her mom on Sunday doing some budget shopping (that was a little unusual as I normally don't indulge in budget shopping ;) ) followed by great sizzlers for lunch at Kobe's.

Had been to this upscale pub in the city with a girl friend of mine yesterday. They offer free drinks to ladies on Wednesday nights. And who minds getting free drinks? Even if it means going to the pub straight from work in not-so-exciting clothes, doing all ur make-up in the hotel restroom. But the drinks that bartender made were superb (he seems to have a crush on my friend and I also get good service because of her!). The ones I had was an unnamed one (he said he made it especially for me and would name it after me ;) ) and the other was an out-of-the-world blueberry martini.

I have heard so many people raving about the drink in the past. And in spite of being a martinis person, I had not tried it before (may be because I don't like blueberries in any other form) and I was thinking yesterday - how could I be such a fool to not have tried it before!! But the hangover I had this morning made me rethink about this drinking on weekday gig. I am the one who manages to remain sober even after 4 drinks and yesterday night my head was spinning .. but I am not complaining. It is any day better than sitting home and brooding...

No comments: