Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On air

Something nice happened today - I was traveling to home after a long day at work. Was tired and hungry and the prospect of getting into another conference call within minutes of getting home wasn't making me feel any better either. As always, I was listening to the FM radio on my cellphone when the RJ of one of one of the stations I frequently listen to, announced that they were taking requests. I picked up my phone & sent a message requesting my current favorite song (what else but 'Big girls don't cry' ;) ) just for the heck of it. Although in my heart I knew they will never play it as they've never done it before. So I also wrote this in my message - along with a sad face icon :(

To my biggest surprise, I got a call from this RJ (his voice sounded really good on the phone too) asking me why I had made a frowning face (I just stopped myself from saying it wasn't a frown but a sad face :) ). He then said he didn't have my song but gave me two options that he had. I picked up one and then he did some chit chat about the band and hung up.

I was so excited .. after all it was the first time someone from the radio had actually called me :) He played my song after I reached home and said on air that hopefully this song brings a smile to your lips and wipes away the frown. I found that to be really sweet :) So what if he was not playing the song I had originally requested. And the icing on the cake was that when I called up my boss to confirm about the conference call, he told me that he will cancel today's call. This definitely made my day :)

PS: Looks like there's more icing on my cake - only few minutes after I posted this blog, another radio station started playing the song I'd originally requested .. I definitely have a big smile on my face now :D

No comments: