Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Love in the time of Cholera

Finished reading 'Love in the time of Cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez couple of days ago. I don't think anything I write about it would do justice to the book. All I can say is the book makes you feel like falling in love .. all over again.

The language is quite old-fashioned and I even had to look up some of the words to get their meaning right :) and some pages even made me lose interest for a little while. But overall a masterpiece .. a must read. Someone recommended 'One hundred years of Solitude' by Garcia Marquez, so that's definitely on my list now.

(Photo: www.norweld.lib.oh.us)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that I finished this book a few days back. Thanks to you, I am back to reading.

Vee said...

My pleasure! That was quick .. I took quite a while to finish it. Nothing can substitute reading .. in my opinion, so I'm glad u r back to it :)