Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Child's Perspective

I happened to meet two very active and talented kids last weekend. I had last seen them when they were very young (one an infant & the other two years old). So meeting them after 6-7 years was like starting afresh. Both of them had a penchant for drawing and for all the 4-5 hours that we were together, I had to give them a topic to draw and both of them were competing with each other to do it better and get brownie points from me :). After having run out of all the drawing ideas, I finally asked them to draw my face to keep them busy for longer time. And I was surprised to see what came out of the 6-yr old girl's pencil:


I quite liked my portrait .. for many reasons. She did bring out my curly hair, large mouth, snub-nose, eyelashes and of course the double-chin ;) quite well. The earrings are also exactly like the ones I wore that day! The only thing that doesn't have much similarity is my eyes (I am not cross-eyed yet ;) ) and she got teased no end by her older brother about this. I liked this portrait so much that I got it signed by her and brought back with me.

Aah, you can absolutely trust a child to show you the true mirror ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow lovely picture! The little girl must be really talented. I found your narration quite amusing and impressive. So much so that I read it out aloud to Nilesh. Keep it up!

Vee said...

Thanx dearie! I'm sure Nilesh would be thinking I'm such a nutcase ;). So u played Scrabble too? U r so right abt it being more than just a game but also being part of memories...

Pappuli's Mom said...

Hey Vineeta, First time in your blog. Enjoyed your writing and sense of humor..need to catch up with your old posts now:) cool posts/pics. keep it up!

Vee said...

Thanks a lot Bhavani. Good to see u here :)