Sunday, November 11, 2007

Some Funny Prints

I have a bad habit of noticing spelling mistakes in everything I read, thereby causing a lot of annoyance to people around me. The good side of it is I can think of an alternate career in proof-reading when I get fed with of my current line of work. Anyway, I found this totally phonetic spelling of Veg/non-veg in the menu card of a restaurant in Sawantwadi on our way to Goa:

When we were at Calangute beach, I noticed a board showing directions to Baga beach & Fort Aguada and along with it was that for 'Sulabh Shauchalaya'. That's a very thoughtful gesture I would say ;)


But the best one was this store which sold some 'genuine' stuff. Just the name was enough to convince the shoppers of the ingenuity of the store :). And what did they sell - leather stuff, jewelry or clothes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good ones.
Now you have graduated to become a "Mobiblogger"

- RK

Vee said...

Not really. They were taken from my camera since I was carrying it at all times. As it is, my cameraphone is defunct now :(

Unknown said...

Too good. Specially the "Genuine Fakes Leather"... Totally agree that you have a knack for noticing and collecting such "notices". :) Proof-reading??? hmmmmm....

Vee said...

Looks like you aren't very impressed with proof-reading being an alternate career option. In fact, I have many - I might actually write about them in one of my posts some day :)

PS: Rajesh, I hope u r reading this - remember our business plan that never took off :(