Saturday, November 15, 2008

Words .. words .. words

Some of the words and phrases used at work so often but hardly make any sense. Every time I hear them I cringe; sometimes even visibly so
  • Bring value to the table
  • Ideate/innovate
  • Actionize
  • Thought Leadership
  • Take bottomline responsibility
  • Paradigm
  • Operationalize/Strategize
  • Business processes
  • Key initiative
  • Competitive edge
  • Stakeholder management
  • Perception management
  • Normalize/ Rationalize
  • Profitability
  • Leverage
  • Collaborate

I am sure there is more to this list .. will add when I remember

1 comment:

ME-MOI-MYSELF said...

You could add these (you mayn't necessarily agree with all):
.Push comes to a shove :-P
.Pass downs
.Mitigation plan/strategy

Personally I hate the usage of the word "resource"; it being synonymous with a human being (read engineer).