Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Radio Week

I find it a little strange that I was 'randomly' picked by two FM Channels in Bangalore during the same week to participate in on-air contests. That I have been sending responses to questions thrown open to junta on these channels for the past few months makes the coincidence even more strange. Yeah yeah, I do these things too :). But you see, I have this very boring and long commute to work during which I constantly listen to the radio. And can I stop myself from SMSing an answer if I know it?

Anyway, first it was Rohit & Rajesh from Fever 104 who called me on Monday to participate in their show Back to School (the one where they ask questions from 1st std to 10th std and if you pass 10th std you get some prize money). And not surprisingly, I failed in 1st std :). Now, why does it happen that you seem to know all the answers when they ask questions to others, and when your own turn comes you go 'a country whose flag is not rectangular? Err ummmm .. is this really a 1st std question?'. Today it was Vasanthi from Radio City who called me for the show Bollywood Genius. To be honest, I had very little idea about the rules of this one. While on air she asked me the Bollywood song whose English lyrics would translate to You keep sitting in front of me. And as expected, I went 'Err ummm .. I have no idea'.

But both the times it was fun to be on air (of course, winning would have been more fun ;) ). And to add to the coincidence - when I told them that I was from Ranchi (during those little chit-chats RJs have with participants, off air), both Rohit & Vasanthi told me that they, too, have spent some years in Ranchi.

It sure has been a week of coincidences for me!

5 comments:

Rajesh said...

Cool. So you were on air twice.

RK

Anonymous said...

Wow! I sure wouldnt SMS, so I will give you credit for being so enterprising!! And it paid off too... you got on air! Lucky you!!

Vee said...

@Rajesh: Yes, I was & made a fool of myself both the times ;). So no more 'anonymous' comments from you, I guess.

@Nitika: I am not so sure you wouldn't SMS. Try commuting 16 kms in 1.5 hrs (like I do these days), you could do many unthinkable things :)

alok said...

ur lucky 2 b on air twice within d week!bt u missed both d easy questions :P

Vee said...

I know, they seem very easy to me too in hindsight :)